Re: [pyrnet] Joe

In a message dated 5/23/01 9:13:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rene1@sprint.ca
writes:

I wanted to let you know that if you were trying to offend me, you
succeeded. Congratulations!

Well, I would not take it too seriously.  That was not my intentions, but you
asked for advice.  When the advise was different from the course you had
already decided to take you seemed to have all the answers.  I think you
needed support for your decision and not advise.  Everyone supports you in we
hope and pray that these decisions you made will work out for your family.
When it comes to who is most important the dog or the welfare of the family,
we all know that answer.  So my concern is that you made the right decision
for your family.  From my 30 years experience I have reservations that you
have.  An experienced point of view is something you specifically asked for.

I think if I really offended you, you will get over it.  Maybe even though my
words upset you, you might look at them and see I have no ax to grind with
you or your family.  I love the breed.  I understand it very well.  I do not
wish danger or damage to your family or anyone else's family from a Pyr or
anything else for that matter.  But, I have also seen some very tragic
circumstances.  Some of these even have been tried to explain away also, but
I know a Pyr does not attack a three year old for any reason whatsoever.
This is a constant and a given.

Look at this a little differently.  What if your three year old daughter had
been bitten at my house by my dog.  Now my dog would have the same story
(fear biter escalating pattern of aggression as the dog matures, etc.) as
your dog and for the sake of this proposition, my dog saw your daughter every
day and played with it with my children.  Would you let your daughter come
over to play again when the dog was there?

Joe