[pyrnet] Mc Donald's and french fries...

This is not about PYRS so please don't read on if you don't want to. And the
intention is NOT to offend, only to EDUCATE.

It may not be easy to understand other people's sentiments when you cannot
perceive the harm done and it is easy to say "How can they not love those
french fries that we (and our DOGS) do".

These very infamous Mc D's french fries were served in my country India,
which happens to be both a secular and democratic country as is the States,
BUT where a lot of the population that is Hindu does not eat beef (the
Muslims and Christians in India do eat beef AND some Hindus do eat other
kinds of meat), and were also served in restaurants in the USA under the
pretext of being purely vegetarian (yes, Mc. Donald's does not serve beef
burgers in India, because they know not to do that yet they conveniently did
not mention that the fries had beef on them) and so there was mass
protesting in India, because people in our country generally don't have time
and money to sue, and some of the people who were in the States who faced
the same problem, are able to sue.

Let me illustrate how you might want to avail of redressal under the law of
torts yourselves, and then these french-fries-on-the-brain vegetarians may
not seem so ridiculous to you (or YOUR DOGS).

Suppose you were to be served french fries from a Mc. X, supposedly fried in
something you think it is okay to consume , BUT that are  being pre-treated
in dog's or cat's or even human fat or say, even urine, which people from
Mc. X's country LOVE to eat, and  Mc X forgets to tell you because they are
presumption and think, WELL, you didn't deserve an opinion, OR that you were
living in THEIR country and they thought it was your ignorance that was at
fault here even though they don't have this extra ingredient written down as
a content. Then one day you came to know....What would be your reaction?
Mentally injured? Wanting to sue Mc X???  Mc X would actually be taking away
one of the basic rights of humanity of yours by forcing you to eat something
you would never have eaten if you had the choice to.

Well, what these vegetarians  minded was NOT BEING TOLD that the french
fries, supposedly vegetarian, had actually been flavor-enhanced in beef fat.

To understand the sentiment of Hindus behind the reverence of the bovine
species is that for us it is a symbol of  motherhood,...the providers of
milk, and though we may eat other forms of meat, are not supposed to eat
beef...and then, some of us still choose to, but we do it out of choice and
do not think it strange that others don't.  I cannot bring myself to tell my
father that he has eaten beef in ignorance, because he has kept away from it
for 70 years according to him. And those who think it is completely wrong to
kill, as the millions of other Hindus who are strict vegetarians do, would
feel completely violated.  In their minds it is as bad as cannibalism.

Neema Talwar