Re: [pyrnet] Mc Donald's and french fries...

In a message dated 05/25/2001 2:02:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
talwarnd@yahoo.com writes:

<< Mc X would actually be taking away
 one of the basic rights of humanity of yours by forcing you to eat something
 you would never have eaten if you had the choice to. >>

    As far as I know, McDonald's has never advertised itself as a vegetarian
restaurant. I have Hindu friend's and when we go out to eat, we only go to
vegetarian Indian restaurants, where they are very careful to ask about how
dishes are prepared in addition to what the ingredients are. Some of the
stricter adherents, do not dine anywhere that does not cater to their dietary
guidelines. I've seen my friends who are lactose intolerant go through the
same steps.
    In reference to your comments about Mickey D's forcing you to eat
something, well, I never saw guards in the drive-thru with submachine guns
forcing people to order and then eat the fries. Now that vegetarians know
that the natural flavoring includes beef, they have the option not to order
the fries.
    I believe that since McDonald's has disclosed that beef in one of the
natural flavorings in their fries, it is ridiculous to burden our civil
system with another frivolous lawsuit.

Elaine and Pico (now I know why I love those fries)