Re: [pyrnet] TX pyr puppy

Marie McFarland wrote:
<< When I cross posted this to the Great Pyrenees list. I was thanked and
was told it was forwarded to the TX people.

When I cross posted it here. I was criticized for not sending it to the TX
rescue list. Interesting.>>

Marie, I don't think that anyone was criticizing you.  I know that when I
saw this post come across on 5 different lists yesterday, I sent it to Kathy
Liles, Great Pyrenees Club of America's Rescue Coordinator, because I
couldn't find my TX rescue information.  Normally, I check the GPCA Rescue
Contacts webpage and if I can't find a contact there, I forward the email to
Kathy, who KNOWS who the contacts are.  The point of this is that we need to
be expedient about this and not blindly forward emails to 5000
(exaggeration, I know but sometimes it feels like it) different lists hoping
that someone will step in to help.

My experience with shelters has been that when they have 50 people calling
about a dog that they read about on an email list, they will not release dog
*OR* the shelter become frustrated with having to answer all of the calls
about a dog and refuses to work with any rescue organization in the future.

This is not meant to slam you personally.  I'm just trying to explain
different scenarios and explain why it's best to work through established
rescue groups.   FWIW, I'm on 6 different rescue lists, a few LGD lists and
at least 10 different pyr lists.  Overkill can be just that...

Regards,
Karen Reiter
Former Rescue Chair for the Pyrenean Fanciers of the Northeast (covering all
of the New England states, NY and sometimes NJ).