[pyrnet] chronic diarrhea

Hi,
I wrote a few weeks back about my 16 months old pry possibly having
digestive problems because she has chronic diarrhea, not explosive, but soft
cow plop type.  She has pooped in the house twice.  I started crating her
again and she even pooped in her crate.  She has only ever pooped once in
her crate and she was 8 weeks old.  She also pants in the middle of the
night and needs to get up for a drink and sometimes to go out.  My vet has
tested her for digestive problems, and a blood test for many other things
and everything comes back negative.  The vet said our next step is to try
her on a special food to see if she may have a food allergy OR I can keep
her on low doses of tylen  (spelling?) which has been working or try both.
When on the tylen, she doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night.  I
am afraid to keep her on a med forever, however, I highly doubt I can keep
her from eating other things with 3 other dogs and 2 cats in the house.
Also, she eats poop and grass and little sticks.  And how can I give
everyone treats and not her?

Has anyone had a similar situation?  or have any advise?

She seems fine other than the soft ploppy stools.  The vet keeps finding
large amounts of bacteria in her stool.  I really hate to crate her all day
when she is used to having freedom in the house but we are getting new
carpet in a few weeks and I do not want to have to crate her forever.

Thanks,
Sherri