RE: [pyrnet] chronic diarrhea

> I wrote a few weeks back about my 16 months old pry possibly having
> digestive problems because she has chronic diarrhea, not explosive, but
soft
> cow plop type.

I don't remember how this started, so if this has been tried, please bear
with me.  Have you chanced her food?

Here's my story.  We brought Shania (the Tibetan Mastiff) home from her
breeder on April 26.  The type of food that the breeder was feeding her, we
couldn't get here, so we gradually switched her to Pedigree puppy.  Things
were going along fine, when she too started to have diarrhea -- not every
day, but about once a week for a day or two.  On June 6, she really had a
bad bought of it, and I took her to the vet.  He ran a CBC, fecal -- both
negative.  The only thing he could think of was that she had eaten
something, as she too had a "bacterial buildup".  Well, after a $108 vet
bill, along with medicine to control the diarrhea, she got better -- only
to come down with another bought the following week.  She never seemed
phased by it, but I did notice that she didn't seem too interested in
eating the puppy chow.  So, I tried a small bag of Purina Large Breed Puppy
Chow, and what do you know -- we haven't had a single case of diarrhea
since!  So, we're sticking with the LBPC for a bit longer, then switch her
over to the adult food we feed all the other dogs.

Hope your solution can be as easy.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastif