From: NaHUG@aol.com [mailto:NaHUG@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 7:14 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Chronic Diarrhea

One of my pyrs had a problem with chronic diarrhea several years ago and we
finally decided it was *stress* related.  The diarrhea occurred if we had
doggy visitors or went anywhere there were other dogs, if we travelled to
visit family or friends or just about any time something in the routine was
changed.  I'm not sure it was so much food related, but we tried a number of

different diets as well.  The dog was tested and we gave a number of
different meds.  Our vet finally suggested the Tylan powder and that's what
we've been using since April 2000.  In fact, I just started on our 3rd tub
of
powder.  I use 1/4 tsp. daily and mix it in with cottage cheese and dry
food.
 I haven't missed a dose since we started using this and we haven't had one
single case of diarrhea either.  I remember asking the list about using
Tylan
when it was first mentioned to us and several people replied that this is
commonly used in kennels to prevent diarrhea, which apparently is common
when
dogs are boarded.  So count me among the satisfied customers of the Tylan
powder.  I buy mine through the KV Vet catalog.

Nancy Huggard
Gainesville, FL