[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010703-1

In a message dated 7/3/2001 5:17:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org writes:

What do you do about their fur? On country property it is hard to keep the
fur from matting and when it does it doesn't breathe for them. We've trimmed
our dog and they seemed much happier- we just made sure it wasn't so short
that they could get sunburned.

My Pyrenees stay in the A/C--but, in the summer, with all of the humidity, I
make sure that their hair is brushed "against the grain"  in other words,
their hair is brushed so that it is practically "standing up" and away from
their skin--it lets the oxygen get to their skin---
Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM