Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010703-1Hardwood Floors

Of course you have to be careful of the growing bones and joints of pups. When we had the hardwood, and puppies at the same time, we used throw rugs for traction for them. Hardwood is tough on the old dogs, too. I did not/do not allow the dogs to roughouse inside. That's what outside is for. <G> Every once in a while, my Son gets the Pyrs going in the house. They start running, I start yelling, and Bo hits the linoleum and generally loses his footing and goes down. Gave my Son such a tongue lashing last time, that he hasn't done it in quite a while! But I HATE carpeting, always have. With old dogs and pups, carpeting is a distinct disadvantage in some ways. There are a few spots on the carpeting here, that no matter how much I clean them, and with what, the odor always returns. So, it's more or less a toss up. Hardwood/laminate floors or carpeting. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com