Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs and hard wood floors

Hi Kendra,
Just wanted to put in my vote for the hardwood floors.
They are so comfortable to walk on and incredibly easy
to keep clean between my pyr Mandy and my two cats
(who tend to spit up hairballs every so often). If you
have pets or children, they are wonderfully easy to
maintain. Regarding your concern about scratches
showing, here is an option to think about; I bought my
place 4 years ago and it had all oak floors that
needed to be refinished. I decided to go for a
bleached look, where they actually apply a white stain
to the wood before the final finishing coat. The
result is a floor that is similar to a beach sand
color. I didn't realize at the time that on the light
color, scratches barely show. I realized what a good
choice it was after I had seen another home with pets
where the floors had a darker (probably standard)
finish and the scratches were more visible.
I also love the look of real wood floors, to me
nothing else looks quite the same.

Kelly & Mandy