Re: [pyrnet] T.M.

Cindy, Shania is growing every day.  She's 5 months old now, and last week
weighed in at 48 pounds.  We've had her in puppy class now for 5 weeks, and
apart from us needing to do more practicing with her, she is doing very
well.  She loves the other puppies and the people.  You'd think she was a
celebrity the way she's treated when she enters Petsmart <VBG>.

Personality wise -- she's much more playful and outgoing than our Pyrs have
ever been, but she does have the same reserved nature as the Pyrs.  She
loves to play with the Pyrs, and now that Tara has been placed, she's
turning her attention to Zoe and Baron.  At first, Baron wasn't so sure
about her, but now it's quite funny to see Baron with his "shadow" checking
out the yard.  Where ever Baron goes, Shania follows.

Zoe on the other hand, would be very happy if Shania would just go away!
Zoe now had competition for the couch, the a/c vents, and the string
cheese.  Shania wants to play and rough house with Zoe, and Zoe just turns
her head away as if to say "That's no way to treat a Princess".   However,
Zoe doesn't complain when Shania licks her ears.

Shania also seems to be very quick when it comes to learning things --
probably even quicker than the Pyrs.  We keep her in a crate at night,
still, but for weeks now there has been no mess even if she's there from
10pm - 6am.  She already has a guardian instinct developing.  In the puppy
class last week, the rat terrier started to whine, and Shania immediately
went on alert and even went over to see what the little dog was whining
about.  At home, if she hears a strange noise, she also goes to
investigate.  However, she wasn't happy about the fireworks last night, or
the lightening.  This was the first time she has experienced either of
these things while it was dark, so I guess it would be a bit more
frightening.

She is strong willed, but so are the Pyrs.  However, I don't think she's
going to be quite as stubborn as a couple of our Pyrs :-)

We love her!  She has been a great addition to the Pyrs.  BTW -- thanks for
asking about her!

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs