RE: [pyrnet] Needs a home

Mike, why do you say you "cannot subject him to a life living in an
apartment"?  I have four Pyrs, a Border Collie, and a Tibetan Mastiff, and
of these dogs, three of them stay in our house, which is probably no bigger
than your apartment.  When I'm home during the day, Baron, Zoe, and Shania
generally just "hang out".  I take them out periodically but especially
during the heat of the day this time of the year, the most they do is stand
on the back porch, waiting to come back into the A/C.  When my husband and
I are gone to work, they go in kennel runs, which are by far smaller than
the areas that they have in our house, but if they "pottie" I don't have
the mess in the house.  When we get home, and on weekends, they are very
much part of our family.  At night, they are again in the house, and seem
perfectly content to be there.  They are part of the daily activity, and
seem to enjoy just hanging out with us.  Actually, they seem more upset if
we're at home and they're left outside.  There are plenty of toys and cow
hooves, but the only one who really gives them a workout is the 6-month
old, Shania.

As long as you can give the dog love, take him out for walks, and provide
the necessary food and medical attention, there should be no reason why he
would have any problem adjusting to apartment life.

Please reconsider -- we don't need another dog in rescue.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs