Re: [pyrnet] Summer Heat Question--

Mer, drenching the dogs will cool down the body temp, but once
you start drenching, you need to keep doing so until the humidity
lowers or put them in front of a fan to help dry them and
evaporate the water as explained in your following post to the
list. If they are not heat stressed, do nothing. Mine won't touch
a kiddie pool, so I don't even bother, but when we lost power for
16 hours 2 years ago in 100+ temps with high humidity, I drenched
the dogs, drenched the ground outside in the shade, and kept
checking their body temps. They were stressed but made it through
until the power (and the A/C) came back on.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com