re: Re: [pyrnet] A long story...

Barb,
I agree with you all the way!
I have always believed that a behaviorists should be the first one to contact...when the dogs past has involved long term roaming. Or when adopted from shelters. I also believe that Angus was a stray before family's brought him in under the guise of a domesticated dog ...that is like taking in a kindly Wolf that had come into town for food or shelter, and expecting it to be domesticated. Dogs learn a lot on the road...especially if they have kept themselves alive for awhile. Angus was roaming before the incident happened...he just might have been in survival mode again.
Pyrvaz are becoming more popular as mix...don't you think? A possible trend maybe? Also I have heard that they are less child tolerant...unless raise with the children since puppy-hood, and the mother of the pup is child tolerant. Since Angus has no double dews he has to be a mix of some sort, and not full Pyrenees...unless the dews were removed, but there would still be some sign that they were present at one time. Even if the dews are present ...there still could be a possible mix involved. It is so hard to tell when they are stays...and there is no way to get the blood tested to find out their true breeds.
I am still in the learning stages, but I am catching on quick!
Thanks to all the Pyrenees lists, and to all of the caring people providing so much information off of personal experience's.

All stated by me is stated under "just in my opinion", I have no formal education, or degree in animal behavior.
Kind regards,
Mer, and the lost boys...Melvin, Emmett & Gilgamesh