Re(2): [pyrnet] Is this a sign of intelligence?

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> I've only seen one Pyr that can catch
Shortly after we got Tori, we were playing with her with a ball and she
managed to catch it. We both cheered so loud that she thought she'd done
something wrong, and now if she catches something, she drops it
immediately!! She's so sensitive and anxious to please that it's a bit of
a problem. But smart as she is in many ways, she still has not realized
that taking books off the bookshelves is *not* acceptable. She looks
crestfallen, penitent, etc. when caught, but five minutes later will be
back with another: can I have this one, Mom? This afternoon, after
attacking the telephone directory and my novel, she finally retrieved her
chew toy from the crate and presented it to me, play bows and all. It's
just as well she's so cute!! And she's learned very fast what antics work
best if we're mad at her. Will we ever be able to leave her out of the
crate unsupervised? Have others had experience of this prolonged
puppyhood? She's 16 months old. Paddington was quite trustworthy by the
time he was 5-6 months, and Shelley and Ivy Rose were fine within a month
of becoming house dogs, although they were older. Tori has had a few
accidents, but most of the time it's been because we didn't respond
quickly enough to her indications that she needed to go out. But we'd be
terrified of what she'd get into if she wasn't crated.
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori