Re: [pyrnet] Puppy Lola

What Jan has said may be true, but then, it may not. Lola may
very well be sold to someone else as soon as you walk out the
door. I do not know what to tell you here, except to follow your
heart. If your heart tells you to return her, then do so. If it
tells you to keep her, then do that. Has the Vet said that she
will be unhealthy due to this? Or is it perhaps due to the fact
that this breeder may not have the best stock? I do not know who
the breeder is, and it is inappropriate to put such things on the
list, anyway, so don't tell us. I'm afraid you may be in for more
heartbreak in the future. But, there have been pups much worse
off. Years ago, in Ohio, there was a breeder of Newfs and Pyrs.
They were closed down. The dogs were starving. Snow Puppy
(renamed Hannibal by his adoptive family) weighed a mere 19 lbs.
at 6 months of age. He was very bad off, and did not reach his
full height, but I do believe, once he was over the hump, had a
relatively healthy life and lived close to a normal lifespan. (I
do not remember hearing of his passing so he may be with us
still) He was a very sweet dog from what I remember and just full
of love. So all you need to do is search your heart for the right
answer for you. But certainly, if you decide to keep Lola, at
least try to get some reimbursement from the breeder. Whatever
you decide, we are behind you.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com