[pyrnet] Re: [Showpyrs] French Judging continued (oops)

Having M. Pecault  judge a show in our area was a wonderful learning
experience!  He speaks English well and is very willing to talk about the
dogs and what he likes, or dislikes, about them. At the picnic following the
judging, several people were able to talk to him about their dogs.   In
general, he seemed most impressed with the male entry (I wonder if this is
because most the the males who were entered were quite tall).  He felt that
size and soundness,structure, and movement  were generally very good and that
temperament was excellent.  He said that his Best of Breed Dog (also first in
Open and WD) was very impressive because of his size, outstanding movement,
tail carriage and presence.  After his BOB, the dog that he seemed to look at
most closely  for BOB was 7 yr. old Ch. Maranatha's Cold Blue Steel (owned
and loved by Dianne Migas).  About this dog, M. Pecault said that he has a "
really, really special head and expreession"  M.Pecault also like the BBE dog
and the first three dogs in Open.  He was particularly interested to hear
that one of the dogs in Open was a working dog who came right out of the
field to attend his first dog show (and I can attest to the fact that he was
very calm about the whole thing).  Of course, in bitches, we were astounded
to have him pick our 7 mo. old Misty who was barely leash broken.   We like
her head and expression and it turned out that he did too. He would have
liked her to be taller and so would we, but she only just turned 7 months.
However, I think it is clear that most French Pyrs are taller with longer
legs, especially the bitches.  M. Pecault was very consistent in that the Ch.
bitch that he kept in the ring was Gunnar's littermate, Mike Jourdan's
Maranatha's Nathash Fatale.  I felt that M. Pecault wanted to see taller dogs
with more length of leg.  I was interested to hear him mention time after
time that he wanted to see more fill under the eye.  It was indeed a day
worth getting up a 4 a.m. to get to the show!
Although we got our show picture today and do have a scanner, I haven't a
clue how to post a picture to the list.  Michael Jordan did take some
pictures. Hopefully he can post some to the list.
Charlotte Perry