Re: [pyrnet] Electric Fences??

> Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or money running electric fencing.  I
> am very distrusting of any fence that is not completely solid, whether it
> be wood or wire.  A couple stains for electrified wire would never hold my
> guys if they really wanted to go after something.  >
> --- Robyn Allwright
> --- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
> --- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs

I know you are all talking about underground electric wire, but how about
trying actual livestock electric fencing. We have it, and it not only keeps
in the cows, but the dogs as well. It has gives much more of a
jolt,(anywhere from 2500-6000 volts) than the underground wire. And if a
dumb cow can learn to stay away from it, then it is easy for a dog to get
the point.
It only stands about 2-3 feet on metal stakes. You could buy a fencer
between $100-250( depending on the power output) and the stakes costs less
than $1 a piece.The wire it self costs around $30 for something like a 1000
ft. You could fence in 10 acres for under $400.
You could even attach it to nice cedar posts, or 4x4's to make it more
pleasing to the eye. And the wire comes in all sorts of colors.
Just a thought.
Sariena
Owned by,
Zeus (Pyr) and Pepsi (SheppardX0