RE: [pyrnet] Electric Fences??

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or money running electric fencing.  I
am very distrusting of any fence that is not completely solid, whether it
be wood or wire.  A couple stains for electrified wire would never hold my
guys if they really wanted to go after something.  Why not fence say the
back of your house?  This way, Luna can be out, but she will be less likely
to be attracted to anything going down the road.  Also, have you considered
using what we call "cattle wire"?  Our property is enclosed with this type
of fencing (except for in front of the house which is board with 2x4 inch
wire on the inside), and it not only keeps our guys in but all the
neighbors' dogs out <VBG>.  Although we had it installed several years ago,
it was closer in price to the quote you had for electrical fencing.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs