Re: [pyrnet] Cruciate Ligament Disease

Sonia,
    What were the symptoms of this disease?  We've had Pyrs for a lot of years
and have known many more, but have never heard of such a thing!  We once had a
Pyr tear her cruciate ligament when she jumped off of a table.  She had the
operation and recovered completely to live to the age of 13 without any
artritus or limping or drugs, despite being a very active dog. It is true that
luxating patella is a problem in the breed but this usually appears when the
dog is a puppy, although I have heard of dogs that are diagnosed as late as a
year and a half.   I do not think that this is something that Pyrs are prone
to.  If it were me, I think I would get another opinion.  Do let us know more
about this.
Charlotte