Re: [pyrnet] Cruciate Ligament Disease

This is the articles I've seen reproduced on PL:

http://www.vetcentric.com/reference/encycEntry.cfm?ENTRY=Patellar%20Luxation%2C%20Medial%20and%20Lateral%2C%20Canine&COLLECTION=1&MODE=full

http://www.barkbytes.com/medical/med0023.htm

I think this is the journal reference:
J Am Vet Med Assoc 1994 Sep 1;205(5):716-720
Frequency and distribution of medial and lateral patellar luxation in
dogs:

As the size increases lateral increases.  "Small-breed dogs were
admitted almost exclusively with MPL. Lateral patellar luxation was
found uncommonly; however, it was observed
more often in larger-breed dogs."  Small breeds were 98% MPL to
1% LPL while giants were 67% MPL to 33% LPL.  Still more MPL
but LPL goes up dramatically.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices/