Re: [pyrnet] Gordon's quest

  Tea, nope.  Born in Kentucky, grew up in Tennessee on a tobacco
plantation.  Would have gone to Harvard Law School.  The skids were
greased. But it was going to bankrupt the family, so I fell back on my
second choice of a career.  I finally did make it   to Columbia U,but
for advanced study that did not produce a degree. (Already been to the
hometown college, Lindsey Wilson, which was the only Kentucky college
from which Harvard would accept transcripts en toto (Note: that is an
old Southern Latin phrase
meaning take all the damn things.)  Columbia showed me
how to do television broadcasting and production.  They erased any
trace of a Southern accent.  Six months later I quit one of the top
stations ( I was a flunkie director) and went back to journalism.  Too
many northeast liberals, I guess.
   They erased what little Southern (always capitalized,Tea)
accent I had. When I heard myself speaking like Lynn Samuelson, I took
a crash course in Appalachian speech. why I speak it.write and
interpret fluently. I also speak Spanish,so Appalachian is  really a
third language.
   It is my understanding that Harvard is  pronounced
Hav-ard.  The northeast liberals not only ruined the government, but
are far advanced in corrupting American  pronunciation.  They seem to
be paid by the number of words they can speak in a given minute
(though, thankfully not in Maine).  Any area that thinks the word
'Cuba' is
pronounced Cuber,needs more money  and better teachers for its
schools, wouldn't you say?
   I know you are an educated lady, so you know that America has
never had but a single culture, born here and bred here. That is the
Southern culture.  The others are an amalgamation of other cultures
transported to such places as Boston, New York or LA.  Nothing wrong
with that, but American, it ain't.
   Massachusetts gets more federal dollars than any other state
(General Accounting Office).  All of my time spent there only
convinced me that it is a dysfunctional city, and not a single
resident, so far as I know, is embarrassed by this fact.
Massachusetts pretenders to knowledge and greatness are really like
everyone else who stands in the welfare line.

   Barry Goldwater had the right idea.  Saw off the eastern seaboard
and float it out to sea.

   So, I will continue to pay any taxes due, so that Massachusetts can
continue to live in a manner it can't afford., but would like to
become accustomed.

   Other than that, life is a bowl of cherries (state inspected, US
graded, sprayed with horrible poisons and eaten by people with a death
wish).
  Y'all come!  Tell your folks I asked about them, and
come see us sometime,heer!  (That's Southern culture talk).

Hermit in the Woods, singing Where Are  You Mr. Jeff Davis,When We
Needs You?