Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Chow

lmweisser@home.com writes:

Everybody
has an agenda around food.  It's the biggest hot button on dog lists.  We're
having one right now on Vetpet.

I have never been too impressed with different foods except would my dog eat
it and did it cause gastric problems (Which Purina puppy chow always did).  I
know this is some different from the intent of the post but certainly what
they ingest is important.  Four years of a battle with what became chronic
ear bacterial and fungus infections that in the end has caused scaring in the
ear ended with lamb and rice Nutro diet.  Now getting there was a long story,
but just let me say that trying some "Lamb & rice" foods did not result in
success.  Why?  Read the labels and down the list of ingredients you find
chicken fat and/or beef fat.  These did not work and I was not AR enough to
read the labels very carefully on first trys. I believed that Lamb and rice
was just that and was some surprised to find that in some manufacturers the
lamb and rice is not really that important.  Marketing!!!  Lamb and rice is
hot and trendy.  But it is useful to some food allergies.  In truth we will
never know what is in the foods anyway.

Now we have a dog that is not afraid that when she is being shown you might
snap the collar sharply causing her pain and she does not run around the ring
with her head down dreading the (lets go) signal on her collar that might
hurt her very sore ears.  Different dog now in her personality as well.

Joe