Re: [pyrnet] Thoughts...

I to am from NJ, although transplanted to NC.  Charlotte was in a state of
panic today.  A plane was force landed here due to a passenger acting
"funny," he was arrested by the FBI.  My Dad works on Beaver Street in NYC.
Beaver Street is close to the WTC and in fact his office was in WTC II not to
long ago.  He finally made it home in the afternoon to tell me about the
journey on the SI ferry.  The passengers were wearing life jackets and he was
in transit on the ferry when the second tower collapsed.  I had tried to call
him all morning and was unable to call the island.  My buddy and best man
from my wedding is a Paramedic for St. Claire's and I have not heard from
him.  I was a Paramedic in Rockland County, NY when the bombing occurred and
recall the chaos all to well, albeit nothing compared to today.

As I traveled to Charlotte today, I listened on the car radio and had to stop
several times as tears welled in my eyes at the horror unfolded.  I'm 30
(born in 70) and recall several terrible events thru the years.  The shuttle,
desert storm, the gulf and several others but this is unbelievable.  I used
to ride the path off the Raritain Valley line wioth Daddy to go to his office
in the WTC and have taken dates to the observation deck.

I find myself overwhelmed and shaken by this whole thing and I want to thank
you all for sharing in your own special ways.

Matt Agnese
Concord, NC
Louie (St) Lola (Gt. Pyr)
4 annoying parrots
and some little rat looking thing my wife picked out.
Whoops, a ton of fishes too......