Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: The 2nd Day That Will Live In Infamy

In a message dated 9/12/01 1:28:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bamb@monmouth.com writes:

I would have felt horrible, no matter
where in the world this had occurred, but the fact that it
occurred here, in my homeland, makes it all the worse.

Almost none of us have not seen anything like this in our country or
lifetimes.  Our fathers and grandfathers saw it in Europe or the Pacific 65
years ago.  My good friend Bob Mason who is 82 years old from England saw it
in North Africa and elsewhere fighting in W.W.II.  I pray for Bob as he is in
the Hospital not doing well at all and I wonder what he thinks about all this
now.

It is hard still for me to imagine having my country taken over by an invader
and then still have the love and make the extreme sacrifices to care about
such things as our Pyrs.  Pretty amazing people who are hero's every one of
them.  Then when you realize this happened twice in only about 25 years, you
got to appreciate what they did that allow us to enjoy these wonderful
ancient dogs.  Trivial? Possibly.  Important?  Each must judge for
themselves.

Joe