Re: [pyrnet] Day two

Caryl. I have been outraged at the Red Cross most of my life.  When I went overseas in a combat unit to get my butt shot off, the Red Cross was there alright ... they were selling donuts to soldiers for 25 cents a pop.  The donuts were made in Army kitchens, by Army personnel, and will Army supplies.
   You have heard this over and over, and it has been denied over and over.  But it is true.  Anyone who doubts it, I supply names of 115 men in B Battery, 77th Field Artillery Battalion, who will back me up.

  Not only was the ARC selling Army donuts to soldiers when I went into combat, but
tried to sell them to me again when we were queued up to go home.  Great organization.

   As a reporter I covered more disasters than I can recall, and always the profiteers from the Red Cross were there.  Their standard operating procedure is to set up a tent, man it with local volunteers, and begin grabbing all the money in sight.  The officials will push their faces into the TV camera and boast of what they are doing.

   Usually, ARC contributions are no more than a few gallons of water, donated to them, the distribution of foods, etc. from other organizations and a long list of
propaganda for Red Cross rip-offs from
swimming lessons to welfare birthing.
Good people give them money.  They send it overseas.
Then when something is needed here, they have another fund drive.  That is what disasters are to the ARC... a chance to collect money.
   They started yapping about blood donations before the buildings fell in New York. Begging more money,
more of everything, to be stockpiled and sent overseas (ARC is a forign organization), or to be sold at a profit.
  New York is the focal point in the country for processed blood. If ARC needed blood, it had plenty of it already on hand. It gets the blood free, sells it, last time I knew, to hospitals, etc.s for $50-$100 a pint.  The hospital tacks on its profit and the poor patient can find a way to pay for it.

If anyone wants to donate blood to the ARC, that is their business. But they should understand who it is that gets it and what they do with it.
   Better yet, go to a private blood plasma station, collect the $25 or $35 you get for it and donate that
to victims of the New York blast.  If no other address is available send it to the Mayor's office.
  I hate deceit with a passion, frauds even worse.
I sam enraged by the conduct of the so-called
'\american' Red Cross.  My getting enraged is a once a year event for me.  But this one does it every time.
   As a combat news correspondent, I wrote this story. It was killed by the editors. The image of the ARC as a  wonderful organization dispensing charity hither and yon is a fraud.  But the dumbed-down media of today never mentions it, even though most know about it.

Hermit in the Woods, near the boiling point

Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Day two

In a message dated 9/12/01 7:53:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,