[pyrnet] CHAT: My Country

    I returned home to Connecticut this morning from Minneapolis. Since we
were unable to fly, my company rented a bus to drive us cross-country. We
left St.Paul at 6am on Wednesday and arrived in Hartford at 7am this morning.
While on this ride I had a long time to think about Tuesdays attack on my
country.
    I thought about my brother-in-law who is an American pilot and in the
Reserves and how thankful I was when I found him at home. I thought about his
brother who is a fireman in NYC, whose company was one of the first on the
scene and was almost wiped out by the collapse of the tower. I listened to my
coworkers on the bus (we work for a financial services company) as they
talked about their friends and associates that worked in the WTC. I thought
of the thousands of mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, husbands, wives and
children that are desperately searching for information on their loved ones.
    They were sobering thoughts. My country had been hit and hit hard. It was
a strong enough blow to stagger this great land BUT WE WILL RECOVER! I only
have to look at the pictures of the people lining up to donate their
resources, their skills and their blood to know that terrible tragedy will
only serve to pull this country together. I watch my president on TV and pray
that he has the resolve and determination to exact retribution for this
terrible crime against humanity. This is the greatest nation on Earth and we
cannot and will not allow this act of war to go unanswered.

Elaine and Pico

PS Yes, I am sooo happy to finally be home with my pup.