[pyrnet] Fw:The Keeper of the Seeds

KEEPER OF THE SEEDS

      It's head slumped over facing the ground.
      It had been a familiar site to me over the past several
weeks.  We
did
all that we could to keep it alive so that it would grow to full
maturity.
      It did its part, we did ours.  But it seemed its time had
come.
      I walked out onto my deck late last night in search of a
place to
think.  I had been riveted to the television most of the day,
watching
in
horror as the images of death and destruction were replayed
hundreds of
times.  I couldn't take it any more.
      "How appropriate!" I thought to myself.  I was standing on
the
deck,
my head lowered in anguish and confusion.  I looked up and there
next to
me
was the huge sunflower we grew, that brightened my day and in
taking
care
of it, gave me purpose.  We were connected in a sense in a
spiritual
way.
Both of us were created by God.
      I wish that someone could have captured the moment on film.
The
both
of us stood there with our heads bowed.  I believe it shared my
pain and
in
respect for the loss of my human family, it could no longer stand
tall.
      But in reality, I believe its time had come.  It had grown
fully
and
it now would turn to seed.  I realized then that it was all part
of the
plan.  In it's death came future life.  It did not disappear,
never
leaving
a trace behind that it had ever existed at all.  No, to the
contrary.
For
as they say, "All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the
seeds of
today."
      So it is in the tragedy of the loss of so many innocent
people.
Each
and every one of them have gone to seed, leaving behind a piece
of who
they
were.  It is now up to us to plant those seeds to grow to full
maturity.

We have been given the opportunity to grow something good,
something
positive for the future.
      "For the possibility of peace in all our tomorrows, lie in
the
tragedy
of today."
      I was reminded of how important this was when I woke up
this
morning.
Walking out to my deck, my head still bowed from the weight of
this
loss, I
looked up in astonishment.  There before me, head held high, was
that
same
enormous sunflower.  In disbelief I ran down off the deck and
faced it
head
on.  Sure enough it was true.  The sunflower raised it's head to
face
the
morning sun.
      So, my friends, we are the keeper of the seed.  It is a new
day, a
new
time to raise our heads and face the sun.  We have been entrusted
with
the
seeds of the lives lost.  It is an awesome responsibility.
      For as you know, "You reap what you sow."

                 -- Bob Perks        <Bob @ BobPerks.com>