[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010912-2

In a message dated 9/13/2001 12:01:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org writes:

Caryl. I have been outraged at the Red Cross most of my life.  When I =
went overseas in a combat unit to get my butt shot off, the Red Cross =
was there alright ... they were selling donuts to soldiers for 25 cents =
a pop.  The donuts were made in Army kitchens, by Army personnel, and =
will Army supplies.
  You have heard this over and over, and it has been denied over and =
over.  But it is true.  Anyone who doubts it, I supply names of 115 men =
in B Battery, 77th Field Artillery Battalion, who will back me up.

 Not only was the ARC selling Army donuts to soldiers when I went into =
combat, but
tried to sell them to me again when we were queued up to go home.  Great =
organization

Hermit,
My Daddy and Mother always told me the same thing~
Nope~ the Red Cross doesn't "turn me on " either !~~
Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM