Re: [pyrnet] A very sad day

Our deepest condolences.  We weep with you.

Barb H. & Brit, Bear & Rudy

----- Original Message -----
From: Denise
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 1:12 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] A very sad day

I must say that I am a little hesitant about posting this because I don't think I can handle a single I told you so, so I will only ask that you be kind and compassionate and not take this opportunity to gloat.  This is Denise (of Jerry and Denise, Angus' mom).  We just got back from putting him down.  He has been living with a friend of ours who has an 80 lb 8 mo old German Shepherd who desperately needed a companion to keep her from eating the siding off of their house when left alone.  He has been there about a month and they have bonded and everybody was happy.  However, today Angus attacked a little girl who visits their home regularly.  They have played together and loved on each other numerous times since his relocation, but today he jumped her.  He did very little damage but, needless to say, convinced me he must have issues with children.  I could no longer assume that the first incident was an isolated one.  I didn't even allow Jerry the time to voice an opinion.  I decided he needed to be put down and we did it.  I am sure that we have done the right thing even though my heart hurts.  We will absolutely be getting another puppy to love (no more strays) and it is very likely, thanks to Angus' love and devotion we will likely get a Pyr.  So thanks for not using this painful time to say I told you so, and hope that we will be able to share future Pyr puppy stories soon.

Denise