Re: [pyrnet] Looking for a home

One gal had four Irish Wolfhounds, and she was so swamped with people
that she gave up trying to even move.  I of course talked to her and
loved on the big guys too.  Still, I couldn't help but wonder, If I had
walked by with the Pyr. kids, could they have drawn the attention?  I too
have been swamped when I have taken them out.  The I. W's have the size,
but people are usually bowled over by the soft white coats and dark eyes!
It was a mind game of course, but would have been an interesting
experiment! :-)  Pyrs. are appealing and hard to resist!
Well, I have one of each.  Ciaran (Wolfhound) has always gotten lots of attention.  Then when we got Anais (Pyr), she got all the attention the first time we went to a show.  He got ignored, and he is such a "people" dog that he seemed sad and I felt bad for him.  It depends on the people.  Irish people will always make a fuss over Ciaran.  Some people who are impressed by size pay attention to him and not her.  Other times there are people who just Ooh and Aah about how beautiful she is and ignore him or make negative comments about him.  It all depends on the crowd.  Generally, they both get a lot of attention, thank goodness.

--- Stephanie Whitney
--- srwhitney1@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.