[pyrnet] Vacuum recommendation

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good but not too expensive vacuum cleaner for pyr hair.  I ruined my two month old dirt devil swivel glide and the vacuum repair folks said that with that type of dog I need a super vacuum.  They recommended some $450 machine!

I really think the vacuum was ruined from the new carpet which caused several clogs and is still shedding month later.  The vacuum worked fine until the new carpet got installed (and is being reinstalled on Saturday due to color problem which means more carpet shedding).

I do, however, pull lots of pyr hair from the brush spindle thing.

Thanks in advance.

Sherri