Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20011008

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhonda Collins <rhonda@castlepublishing.com>

Okay, I'm confused. As far as everything I've heard, Great Pyrenees are
SUPPOSED to have double dewclaws,

Yes  they are  a part of  the  breed standard

but our vet insists they need to be taken
off

NO NO NO -- and  I would  supply the  vet  with a  copy of  the  breed
standard

and the dog trainer at Pet Smart insists that double dewclaws are "the
mark of inferior breeding", and that they should've been removed at three
days, and if he snags one of them now, he could bleed to death.

And  make  another  copy for  the  know it all at  Pet Smart.  I am  sure
there other  things  that  these  folks  are  unfamiliar  with  in  this
special breed.

Also  remember to  remind  folks when  they are  clipping  their nails  that
the  dewies  need  to  be  trimmed also.

Nancy and  Molly