Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20011008

On 9 Oct 2001, at 19:02, GypsyunLTD@aol.com wrote:

> I think that you should get a new vet and dog trainer!  All you have
> to do is read the breed standard to know that the double-dews most
> definitely belong there. . .

Well the vet and ? Dog Trainer need to read the Breed Standard at
least <bg>.  Here is a link that shows how the dewclaws are
attached to the pyr, no small feat to remove them, it is MAJOR
surgery with a painful recovery. I've never had a pyr injure or tear a
dewclaw!  Now toenails are different, but never a dewclaw.

http://pyrmont.tripod.com/dewclaws.html

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico