[pyrnet] vacuums

Find one of the worst spots to vacuum is the stairs.  Have a Eureka upright
that does a fair job with the fur of one pyr.........but find doing the
stairs with an upright to be a clumsy and dangerous proposition (mainly
cause I am clumsy).  Have a little dirt devil hand held that does TRY, bless
its little motor.

Decided on Sunday that the stairs needed not only vacuuming but
cleaning......and borrowed my husband's huge shop vac.  Thing has so much
suction it was lifting the carpeting up as I ran it across the steps.  Dog
fur didn't stand a chance.  Neither did the big floppy t-shirt I had
on...........thought I was going to end up on some list of freakiest
accidents..........as I struggled to pull myself loose and sputtered and
cursed (I'm a Yankee gal, sorry Gordon) my husband came out of the office
and flipped the off switch on the vacuum.  Just shook his head and walked
back into the office..........for some reason even after 34 years of
marriage he still does that head shake .......like "what have I gotten
myself into with this woman."

Maybe the best solution would be to get a ranch style house or better
yet......no carpeting.

Caryl