Re: [pyrnet] Training?

Hi Shannon. Sorry to be so late in replying. My suggestion would
be to take each Pyr out one at a time, and watch their reactions
to other dogs. If they become aggressive to the other dog, then
give them a firm NO! and turn and walk away. Then make them sit.
Generally, Pyrs are OK with smaller dogs, but you have not had
these two very long. My male is large dog aggressive, but with a
lot of work and training, he'll sit when he feels the need to be
aggressive. You can work on the sit command at home, giving
treats for proper sits. It could be that this was a new
situation, the kids were around, and they did not like the other
dog being there, or it could be that they are just not good about
other dogs. Only time and training will give you the answers to
this. Good luck. I would suggest working with one Pyr at a time,
as you may very well find that one dog is OK with other dogs, but
if the second dog gets aggressive, the other will respond as
well. Train each dog singlely, and when each dog is completely
under control, try the two together.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com