[pyrnet] Hi!

Well, my new (used) Pyr Eiger is home. Dawne, Buster, and I went on my
semi-annual pilgrimage to Milwaukee on Saturday and swung down around Milton
WI to meet with the rescue person from Bloomington Il who has been taking
care of him. He will be four years old next January. He has never been in a
house before and seems to have a bit of a hearing problem..not as much as
they thought he did tho. He rode home perfectly. I left Buster (my Springer)
at Dawnes so I could spend his first night in a house together. He handled
it well...kind of howled in the morning but it went ok.

Sunday I went and got Buster and we started the process of becoming a family
of sorts. Eiger had one peeing in the house mistake but nothing more since
Sunday aft. I caught him and scared him enough that I think he got the point
of 'outside'. He can sit on command and I have taught him to come when I
call and motion to him. He is working on 'down' with treats of course.

He is on a diet. He was horribly overweight (136#) when he went into rescue
in July and is down to about (120#) now. For his size, the vet feels he
could use another 10# loss. His legs are pretty stiff but as the weight is
coming off, he is becoming much more active.

The only problem I am having is that he is getting the "giggles" in the
house instead of outside. It is cute to watch since he has only been here
for a few days but everytime I take him outside he quits. I've tried to get
him started but it's just not working yet. Tonight, he grabbed one of my
throw rugs and hauled it around the house like a puppy. It was so cute but I
still had to stop him. My house is small and I could see the 55 gallon fish
tank start to sway. He's acting like an almost four year old puppy. It is
great to see him bond to us so much so quickly.

Poor Eiger was kept in a backyard for years. Everything is new to him. TV
freaked him out when he first came home..he kept looking for someone talking
somewhere. I'm so happy I got him. He needs a little fine tuning but Pyrs
are so smart, he is learning by leaps and bounds. I'm glad I got an
opportunity to take a week off from work to help make him comfortable in our
family.

I would recommend rescue to anyone who wants to give a dog who didn't do
anything wrong to anyone a second chance. What a great way to spend a
vacation !!