Re: [pyrnet] Re: Onions and other bad things dogs like to eat

I had to look this one up as I'd heard it too but forgot why

"Green Potatoes

What causes potatoes to turn green? The answer is a bitter-tasting chemical
called solanine. Solanine is produced when the potatoes are exposed to
sunlight. Even fluorescent lighting at the supermarket can make them turn
green.
As potato plants grow, we hill them by pulling up additional soil around the
plant. This enables the tubers to develop and expand, and prevents them from
poking through the soil and turning green from the sun. Heavy rains can
uncover potatoes near the surface, so it's a good idea to check your potato
crop after a storm.
Solanine is toxic if consumed in large quantities, so cut away and discard
any green portions of potato before you cook with them. When storing
potatoes, be sure to keep them in a place where they won't be exposed to
light."
--
"Be strong, believe in who you are; be strong, believe in what you feel."
"Speak true!"

http://homepage.mac.com/raven4luck/