[pyrnet] New Pyr!

Hi, gang!  I've now been a pyr owner for four whole weeks.  I adopted Mattie, who is
now about 10 months old.  At 90 pounds, Mattie was a bit thin when she arrived, but
she's gained 3 pounds and is now in good weight.  There are photos taken the day she
arrived at:
http://sandance.eboard.com
on the "new baby" tab.

The first couple weeks were kinda rough, but she no longer clobbers me with her
paw.  We've not eliminated the pawing, but it's less frequent and much more gentle!
She is completely housebroken, which is a real blessing after 20 years of cockers
who thought I was put on this earth to clean up their messes ;^>

Mattie was spayed yesterday, and they say she came through surgery just fine.  I'll
pick her up later this morning.  I really hated leaving her at the vet...afraid
she'd think I was abandoning her.

QUESTION????   I'd love to hear what TOYS your dogs enjoy.  So far, rawhide and hoof
chews have been ignored.  The kong stuffed with peanut butter and dog cookies was a
little more interesting, but only for the few minutes it took her to clean it up.  I
had a lot of small toys for the cockers (all now gone on to the bridge), but gave
those away since they didn't seem appropriate for this big girl.  Right now, "I"
seem to be her favorite toy, but it would be nice to distract her occasionally.

--Sandy in Atlanta
Sandy Fields
Sandance Design Studio
mailto:sandance@earthlink.net
http://www.geocities.com/sandance_designs/Home.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~sandance/index.html
http://sandance.eboard.com
http://sandance2.eboard.com

Art is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration!