[pyrnet] Re: Barking: Devil's Advocate

If this was directed at me, I explained in my initial post about Athena's
barking: Barking wasn't a problem when I got her; it became one when
circumstances changed.

Also, one can get a dog for a lot of reasons, knowing about and figuring to
cope with the various drawbacks. There's not one breed of dog that could be
"perfect" for every person or circumstance.

Claire

> I have to play devil's-advocate and ask why one
> would own a Pyr if there's going to be a problem
> with barking?

Sue, I personally don't think there's any really good reason to own a Pyr
if you know ahead of time that it's barking is going to present a problem
in the future.  Many people look at Pyrs as a "status symbol", and often
they don't have a good breeder to advise them when they'll looking for a
dog.