[pyrnet] Fw:New Virus Alert

Once again I reiterate. If you do not have antivirus software,
GET IT NOW!  Barb bowes

I hate virus warnings as much as I hate a virus but have been
informed this one is new and extremely high risk to your
computer, so below I have listed the information regarding the
latest greatest virus.
If you receive an email with the subject line: Hi and an
attachment containing the name "GONE.SCR", don't download the
damned thing.  If you do, below is one way to remove it from your
system or you can go to www.antivirus.com.  They have a free
online scanning program that will scan your computer from their
website.
The below information was taken from WWW.antivirus.com virus
alert site.

    WORM_GONE.A

    Risk rating:
    Virus type:         Worm
    Destructive:         Yes

Aliases:
GONE.A, WORM_GONER.A, I-Worm.Goner, Gone, W32/Goner@MM,
Win32.Goner.A@mm, W32/Goner.ini, W32/Goner-A, Pentagone
This destructive, memory-resident worm is a Visual Basic-compiled
Windows executable that propagates via email using Microsoft
Outlook and through ICQ. It finds certain files in memory and
then terminates the processes of these found files. Thereafter,
it executes its destructive payload of deleting files.
Solution:
Manual Cleaning on Windows 95/98/Me Systems:
Reboot the computer.
Before the startup logo appears, press F8.
Choose the "Command prompt only" option.
Go to the %System% directory. %System% is variable. It is usually
located at C:\Windows\System.
At the command prompt, type the following command then hit the
Enter key:
attrib -s -h -r gone.scr
Type the following command and then hit the Enter key to delete
the Worm file:
del gone.scr
Restart the computer.
Double click the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft
>Windows>CurrentVersion>Run>%System%
Look for the following registry entry and then delete it:
gone.scr
Delete all files named REMOTE32.INI in your mIRC folders.
Either delete or restore from backup the file MIRC.INI. Manual
Cleaning on Windows NT/2000 Systems:
Kill all running instances of the worm in the task manager. Look
for applications named "pentagone" and for processes named
gone.scr. Kill these processes.
Scan your system with Trend Micro antivirus and delete all files
detected as WORM_GONE.A. To do this Trend Micro customers must
download the latest pattern file and scan their system. Other
email users may use HouseCall, Trend Micro's free online virus
scanner.
Remove the registry key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Run\%System%\gone.scr
Delete all files named REMOTE32.INI in your mIRC folders.
Either delete or restore from backup the file MIRC.INI. Trend
Micro offers best-of-breed antivirus and content-security
solutions for your corporate network or home PC.