[pyrnet] wm secord gallery & a trip to france

oh my, talk about paris!!! when i was in paris i was sitting in a restaurant
on a long booth along the wall and along comes a dog, walking down the length
of the booth, and (s)he sits next to me and puts her/his head right in my
lap! i was in dog heaven since i missed my own dogs so much while i was away.
then i was in monte marte (spelling is off i'm sure, its been a while and i
was never a finalist for the national spelling bee) and i heard this giant
rooooolf and i looked up and saw a pyr in one of the apartment balconies
overhead! i knew that sound. it was my first pyr in france and i was terribly
excited. i tried (in my very poor french) to ask who owned the dog and the
people in the stores below sent me from one store/restaurant to another til
finally someone said they spoke english. finally, i thought, i'll get to talk
to someone or see a real french pyr close up! i explained i was looking for
the owner of the dog and gestured frantically to the dog and the balcony
above us. the guy sighed deeply and said, "Ohhhhh, i understand. NO, you cant
eat upstairs."
so much for my french connection. i stuck with what i knew how to say. 1)
where is the bathroom 2) do you take credit cards 3) i'll have white wine and
4) i speak a little french but dont bother talking to me coz i have no idea
what you're saying.
-roz