[pyrnet] Teenage dogs

Well, I was writing a nice, long post, and we had a power failure and all
of it went bye-bye. Rats. I’m glad everyone enjoys Newman’s antics. I get a
kick out of reading everyone else’s posts, too, for the same reasons. He’s
really a pretty good pup, all things considered. He’s just so doggone BIG
you forget how young he is. It’s like having a huge, fluffy toddler (who
doesn’t just toddle, but runs full-tilt!) And, yes, it’s fine with me if
people cross-post anything I write to other lists, unless I specify
otherwise for some odd reason.

This morning, Newman ended up getting squirted off with the hose, because I
had to take him to the vet to get his Revolution and to get him weighed.
It’s been raining, and he’d gotten in the mud, of course, and I didn’t want
him in the car that way. Blow dryer came out…off we went. He’s now 98 lbs,
btw and 7 ½ months. We came home to wait to go to the Obedience Class. I
forgot the dog-door was open, and he came trotting in…covered with mud and
soaking wet again. I changed clothes AGAIN, took him out and squirted him
off again, brought him in and took out the blow dryer again. Changed
clothes again. After it quits raining, he’s getting his monthly PROPER bath
before I put the Revolution on. Guess this is just “bath weekend”.

  We’ll see today at Obedience Class if he has remembered his name, or if
his hearing has improved.

Sorry to hear Indira is still missing, and I took a look at Buck. He’s
adorable. Looks very pleased with himself.