Re: [pyrnet] Teenage dogs and Albert!

Yes Joe some Kiwis here do go to the beach at Christmas and have barbecues and the like!  Me, well past that, like to sit down properly and have the traditonal Christmas dinner with family and friends. I don't like sand in my undies either, (well not these days!).

Our youngest daughter will be home after a couple of years moving around the world. She is a Chef, Navy trained so finds herself unable to cook for less than 400 ! That's her excuse anyway. I can always invite a few more.

Judging by the amount of rain this month, summer has yet to arrive anyway.

The "cross dresser" here?  He had clothes that Mother hadn't quite got into the laundry basket, my aim isn't what it used to be these days!

He can now also rest his chin on the table so nothing is safe.  Must admit looking at him today I finally saw the outline (he's 8 months old) of a Pyrenean.  He's finally lost the puppy coat from hell, he has some legs and he has the beginnings of a waist!  He's been housebound today due to the wet weather so "helped" paint a ceiling, ripped up some more toys and bench surfed.  Now being aggravating toward his Grandsire, Father and Uncles. These boys of mine are very tolerant! He likes chewing their lips, (might find some food in there?)  ears and tails.

I think of this young Albert as my "late in life Pyr" because to live with  him you need to have learnt some tolerance!  He is the image (except for head colouring) of his Great Grand dam Ch Ariege Cecille (Fatima) when she was a puppy back in 1989. Quite amazing to see him having gone back in time to resemble my old lines even though he has the new blood in him. He hasn't been to many Shows but he did win Baby Puppy In Show at Pyr Ch Show and Reserve Best on Parade at Pyr Ribbon Parade and a RBOB and Res Dog CC behind his Dad Frankie. Early days yet but he loves the social life and has his own fan club!

Oh well, time to let Albert out for another swim in the backyard! Still raining. He's just taken the stuffing out of another toy!

Oh no, guess what??  "The shorts" have come out for summer! I'm leaving now!

Jan
Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
See my Pyreneans at http://ariegepyreneans.mainpage.net
 or visit here with the Pyr Club in NZ  http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans/
 or Join here!! http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pyreneans
Or Check out Jan's Ebay Auctions http://showcase.auctiva.com/janella
ariege@xtra.co.nz

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free, no bugs from the Ariege Pyreneans! AND please do not send us any. Update your virus info and do not open attachments unless bug free!!!!