[pyrnet] CHAT: Update on the New Addition

Just a quick update on how our new Zalute puppy is doing.  Zhara and David
arrived home safely on Tuesday night in Charlotte, NC.  After a 2 hour
drive home she immediately made herself at home.  It took her no time at
all to find the cow hooves that were piled under the TV, and even less time
to figure out that she could get on the sofa, just like the "big dogs".

Wednesday wasn't that smooth, with work schedules and jet lag on David's
part (funny, how Zhara didn't show any signs of slowing down), but since
then things are going better.  She is less upset about going in the
x-penned area in the sun room.  And she's been extremely good about letting
us know when she needs to go out.  Today (I hope I don't jinx it) we
haven't had a single accident.

She is extremely confident.  Yesterday, I had just gone out the back door
with her trotting along beside me, when I realised that David had just
gotten home and was getting out of the car in the drive.  Zhara saw him,
sat down on the edge of the porch, and immediately began to bark!  And this
wasn't a "puppy" bark, this was a real "who's that strange person coming
into my house" bark.

Shania has also met her match in Zhara.  Both play well together, but
Shania is now learning what it's like to have a puppy chew on her.

Robyn Allwright
Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
www.ziffany.com