[pyrnet] shock collars and calling dogs

We never used a Citronella collar, but we did purchase a shock collar for Newman that is supposed to go along with a fence containment system. Unfortunately, it stopped working, and we need to get it fixed.  But while it was working, it was GREAT. We didn't need it for barking, but rather to get Newman to drop something when he was busy "stealing" it, because he's MUCH too fast to catch. After losing $400 worth of stuff in two  days, we decided we had to do something. It has a button on it that you push to shock them, and it has two stages on it...the first stage is a "beep" and the next is the actual shock. After a couple of shocks, just the beep was enough, and Newman would drop whatever he had like it was a hot potato. We never had any problem with his hair getting in the way at all, except that we had to use the higher level of the shock to get through it. I would imagine it would work just as well for a barking dog.

Of course, when it comes to calling a Pyr, Newman pretty much figures that "Come here" means run like hell and make them chase you.