Re: [pyrnet] Newman and obedience

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 8:40 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Newman and obedience

well, remember how newman almost brokr my finger when i grabbed his collar?  well, he was bouncing off the walls this morning...i swear he knows when it's saturday and we're going to obedience class. so, i took him out for a walk. we ran into someone else walking their dog on the other side of the street. newman wanted to run over to see them, and took off...my feet slipped on the wet pavement, went out from under me, and he dragged me a couple of feet ( i went to the texas med clinic, and it's not only broken, but it's a displaced fracture, so now i have to see an orthopedist asap to see if they want to do anything more drastic than the splint.

i do love that dog, but i sure wish we'd gotten to the "damn it STOP" command in obedience class.  ironically enough, he graduated as "best in class".

I am so sorry you got injured today! Something similair happened to me when Beau saw his arch enemy (the UPS man). And took off after him. My foot went into a hole and I fell and was dragged several feet. Until Beau realized I had fallen. And sheepishly came back to see if mommy was hurt. My ankle was completely numb for several minutes. And luckily it was only a severe sprain. But I was on crutches for several days. And yes. Beau graduated second in his class at obedience school! Been there. Done that.
Marie, Valentino and angel Beau