[pyrnet] Dry Skin?

Hi Everyone!

My pyr Levi (about 3 yrs old) has been scratching quite a bit the last
week or two.  No specific place just basically all over.  Does anyone
have any ideas on what I can do to help him.  I do live in Ohio and the
weather has been getting very cold lately and the heat in my house is
very dry because of my allergies.  So far my other pyr (Allie) has been
fine and not scratching anymore than normal.

By the way Rhonda, you are not alone in the broken finger department!  I
took Levi into PetSmart a while ago and they had a new staff that was
putting pig ears in the bin in front of the cash registers (they seem to
think your dog will whine enough that you'll buy more stuff!)  Well
since this person was new, and had never seen a Pyr, they were mighty
surprised when Levi gave a very loud WHOOF!!!! And immediately took off
running towards him.  This guy (who happened to be over 6 feet tall and
probably weighed a good 200 pounds!) Threw the box of pig ears in the
air, squealed like a sissy and took off running!  Well unfortunately for
me I was trying to get a cart at the same time this all happened.
Needless to say that when Levi ran, I was spun around and slid across
the floor like it was an ice skating rink!

You would think that I got hurt when Levi spun around and dragged my
across the floor but nooooo....  That big sissy that worked for the
store was hysterical and I was trying to help him up from the floor when
he elbowed me in the face and gave me a black eye and broke a tooth!
And of course while this was going on Levi had his head happily buried
in the pig ears!  So while Levi didn't actually do the damage I still
whined at him when my eye looked like a rainbow and I had a chipmunk
cheek for a week!

Thanks!
Shannon (human) Levi & Allie (goofy pyrs), Boots & Misty (grumpy cats)
and gus (Dizzy Turtle)
begin:vcard
n:Russell, MPA;Shannon
tel;fax:(330) 325-5910
tel;work:(330) 325-6500
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:NEOUCOM;Research & Sponsored Programs
adr:;;4209 State Route 44;Rootstown;Ohio;44272;
version:2.1
email;internet:smrussel@neoucom.edu
title:Research Administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;-19248