From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On Behalf Of Suzanne C Bell
Sent: 12-Jan-02 16:55
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] ice and off-leash

Dear Ann,

Thanks for your note and anecdote about walking in woods with ponds, ice, and off-leash dogs. I will still play it safe with our little pond.

This brings up another question I'd like to raise: what are some scenarios in which you can walk off-leash, or train Pyrs to walk off-leash? I hope this isn't too open-ended to warrant some responses; I'm in a hurry at the moment but am puzzling over how/when to work on off-leash without expecting a disaster. We live in a wooded area and love to hike in the Pisgah National Forest. Our other little white Pyr-wanna-be is great off-leash, and it's so tempting to treat Sugar the same way, or train her to be able to romp around without running off.

Thanks, Pyr friends,
Suzanne