RE: [pyrnet] Bored Baby

Our first Pyr was only 4 weeks old when we brought her home and it was soon
evident that she was bored while left alone during the day (David worked
full time, and me part time at that time).  At that age, she was confined
to areas where she couldn't do any harm, but when we arrived home, Kes
would want to play, chew on us, and simply not leave us alone.  It was
evident that she needed a companion, and in early April, we acquired our
second Pyr.  This way, Kes and Baron had each other as company during the
day, and were less inclined to chew on us or things they weren't supposed
to.  If you have the space and can get another dog of similar age, I would.

Right now, we have a 4 month old Pyr pup, that while hasn't been
destructive, certainly is active (we have been contemplating Prozac or
Valium <VBG>).  Zhara certainly isn't shy when it comes to wanting
attention.  But we've been very careful about leaving things within her
reach.  Fortunately, she, as did Shania our TM, will begin to work on cow
hooves or other toys as soon as you give them to her.  Shania is now 11
months old, and she and Zhara play together well.  However, Shania has
definitely met her match when it comes to Zhara -- Zhara has quite a bit
more energy that Shania every thought of having.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com